Etzy

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Early Morning at Melangking








I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, but I also woke up at daybreak as I heard the first choir of birds start up, and forced myself to roll out of bed, knowing that I had the luxury of being able to make myself a good cup of coffee before I headed out into the early dawn light to wander around down by the lake armed with my binoculars and camera ready to "shoot" any wildlife I saw!  The morning lighting was beautiful, and I saw several waterbirds as I quietly walked along the muddy paths and boardwalks by the lake.  It had rained and thundered the night before, so the grounds were wet and muddy, but everything was fresh and the early morning air still pleasant.  I admired the beautiful blooms of the dragon fruit cactus - they looked so stunning in the early morning light so exotic and bright!
Afterwards I took a shower and got dressed before heading down to join Mr. Chee and Mr. Wong for breakfast along with a few other of the guys staying at the "Managers House" down the hill from me.
Breakfast was a feast also, with all sorts of dishes – so I was ready to meet the kids and paint!

No comments: