Etzy

Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Farewell to Bali









We arrived in the afternoon at our very posh and over-the-top Balinese hotel in town (still only about $50 a night included all taxes and a very nice breakfast buffet), and we enjoyed a swim in the pool, before we met with my cousin Liv and her assistant Maria for a nice dinner just a few steps away from our hotel at another restaurant which Liv had redesigned.  
The last day came, and I spent most of the day getting organized, writing my blog, and went for a refreshing swim in the big pool, before I met up with Liv for a last farewell.  Jan took of early in the morning, and I took a cab to the airport at noon, to catch my flight to Kuala Lumpur via Singapore.  I found out that luggage rules are different for the inter-Asian flights to the tune of $160 for my second suitcase!!  Had I known I think I could have saved about 1/2 by booking excess luggage when I purchased the ticket, so something to keep in mind!

No comments: