Etzy

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Imersed in Painting



The last few days have been busy painting days - I have finished a few more small paintings, and today I started a big painting inspired by Mendocino Headlands. I also worked on my "Out of the Woods II" painting today - I have worked on it on and off since I first got here, and I think it is close to finished. It is one of those where I could continue working on it for months, but the key is to know when to stop! Since it is an imaginative/intuitive painting the key is to leave things for the imagination!
Tomorrow I have signed up to volunteer at the gift shop mid-day, and then back to painting!
The weather has changed these last few days and it has been cooler and overcast with a few showers - more typical for January. Tomorrow morning I hope to get out for a good walk along the Headlands for inspiration and some fresh air and exercise - I have been so involved in my paintings that I have neglected everything else.

1 comment:

Kim Larson said...

Dear Eva-

Wow, you've been busy. I'm very impressed by your beautiful work. The "soul collage" intriques me. It seems that you are gaining not only artistically but spiritually as well.

Hope to see you at your exhibit here in Monterey!

Love, Kim