Etzy

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Busy Days












It was such a busy weekend and the first few days of this week seemed to just fly by! My daughter Janicke visited over the weekend, and we enjoyed beautiful weather while she was here - long walks, beautiful sunsets - lots of whales - and a great Saturday spent doing "soul collage" with Carol - my fellow resident and friend. We were 6 women at a lovely studio in the redwoods, just a few miles from Mendocino - Carol was the instructor, and we had a lot of fun and gained some insight to the subconscious mind - I quite liked what came out of it - sort of a vision statement.
I finished both my large paintings along with some smaller ones, and yesterday I took them to get matted and framed, so they are ready to be exhibited in the upcoming shows both here and in Monterey.
Monday night we had slide presentations of the various Artist in Residence for the Board and Residents, and it was fun to see what everyone is working on and to get to know their background - I was part of the presenters, so I spent some time Sunday and Monday to get my presentation together on Powerpoint.

No comments: