Etzy

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Back In Darwin - Settling In







When I arrived in Darwin there were no taxis to be found, so we all waited more or less patiently for almost an hour, but finally I got a ride with a group of Aussies, and I was happy to put the key in the door to Jann and Ian's apartment around 8:30 PM. It was so nice to be "home" - and after a quick shower I unpacked a bit before I went to bed.
The next 2 days I enjoyed just doing mundane stuff such as actually unpacking both my suitcases for the first time during my trip! I did my laundry - luxury to have washer and dryer right here in the apartment - went shopping, cleaned a bit, and just enjoyed getting settled in!
I found an Internet café close by, so I can catch up on my blog and answer emails. It was nice to be able to cook, and after having eaten out for so long, even though I have had some wonderful meals along the way, I enjoy my own cooking for a change!
After a couple of days with some downtime, I am ready for the 3-day Kakadu National Park Birdwatching Tour I have booked, and I am really looking forward to it!

No comments: