Etzy

Friday, February 6, 2009

Mendocino In the Rear View Mirror






They say all good things must come to an end – and so did my residency at Mendocino Art Center! It was a wonderful experience and I celebrated with a "See You Later" reception Friday night. It was a fun evening, and I will miss all the good friends I made! However, I am already planning on applying again for residency next year, so that made the departure easier! I will try to make it up for the art reception on the 14th of this month, and I will be back to retrieve my paintings on the 2nd of March for sure. My sister will come with me, she has never visited Mendocino, so I look forward to showing her around.
Now I am down in Carmel for the week, and it has been quite hectic trying to get re-organized, framing new paintings and distributing them among the galleries trying to keep track of everything. I am looking forward to the reception at Gallery at 417 tonight, as it will give me a chance to reconnect with all my friends there. I have stayed with my good friend AnnBritt in Carmel for the week, so it has been great catching up with her – and now I have some of my paintings displayed in her beautiful furniture store "Europa Design".
This week I also got started on all the vaccinations needed to safely travel in SE Asia, and I am working on getting the trip organized and coordinate with everyone I hope to visit there. It looks like I will be starting out in Bali, and then Malaysia and Borneo, and hopefully the budget will allow Darwin and Ayers Rock, Australia. However, the first adventure is fast approaching and I am beginning to get excited about the kayak trip to Baja in a couple of weeks with my sister and friend Jan.

No comments: