Etzy

Friday, November 3, 2017

Welcome to Beijing

I was pleasantly surprised how relatively fast time went on the plane ride to Beijing from Reno. When we landed in Beijing in the afternoon the deplaning went very smooth, and i just followed the crowd to get through passport control.

The line for "foreigners" was very long, but it moved along quickly. The female customs officer was nice, and soon I was through, and kept following the signs to baggage claim. It turned out we had to ride a train for one stop to get to the main terminal where baggage claims was located. All signs were in both Chinese and English, and easy to follow. I located my suitcase as soon as I found the conveyer belt, and I walked through the customs area and saw Ying's familiar smiling face as soon as I was outside the customs area.

We had a lot of traffic going from the airport in to Beijing, but after a good hour we got to my hotel for the night. After checking in we walked to the nearest train station to purchase our tickets for the next day's train ride to Huangshan. On the way back we stopped at a small restaurant for some dinner. From there I walked back to my hotel, and headed straight to bed.

          

   

No comments: